Follow this checklist to help ensure a smooth billing process.
Before Your Appointment
- Contact your insurance company to make sure you understand your benefits and your plan’s requirements.
- Confirm that Cleveland Clinic is a contracted provider of services for your plan.
- Obtain a referral, if required by your insurance company.* Discuss this with your primary care physician prior to scheduling an appointment with one of our specialists.
- Know the limitations of the referral and obtain an extension or expansion of the scope of the referral if needed.
*Please note: Cleveland Clinic does not require referrals, but your insurance company may require them to provide coverage of your visit or procedure.
Patient Financial Services
Hours: Mon. – Fri., 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Insurance and Billing Information - Pre-registration services, physician referrals relating to billing, out-of-pocket financial obligations and more. Also available in Spanish, Arabic, or Russian.
- Understanding Your Bill
Example bill with explanations of each line item.
- Patient Price Information Lists Total costs incurred for medical procedures at Cleveland Clinic. What you actually pay depends on your insurance coverage.
Below find Patient Price Information Lists for Cleveland Clinic community hospitals:
- Avon Hospital
- Euclid Hospital
- Fairview Hospital
- Hillcrest Hospital
- Lutheran Hospital
- Marymount Hospital
- Medina Hospital
- South Pointe Hospital