Hepatobiliary (gallbladder) scans are performed on a regular basis in our department. Patients are required to fast for at least 4 hours.
We offer the following procedures:
- Cholecystitis - both acute and chronic can be evaluated with high degree of sensitivity and specificity
- Gallbladder Ejection fraction for evaluating gall bladder dyskinesia
- Sphincter of Oddi study for postcholecystectomy syndrome
- Postsurgical complications like bile leak are evaluated with SPECT/CT
- Special scans like liver/spleen scans or hemangioma scan are also performed when requested