Our National Consultation Service team is based in the Department of Internal Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus in Cleveland, Ohio. The team evaluates patients with complex medical problems, offering comprehensive, coordinated, and personalized care in collaboration with other Cleveland Clinic physicians.
Call us locally at 216.444.5665 or toll-free at 800.223.2273 ext. 45665 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Whether you have complex, chronic or co-existing health problems that require extra attention, we are here to help you. The National Consultation Service will streamline your access to care to get you back home quickly.
What to Bring»
To help streamline your Cleveland Clinic visit, please bring the information you have regarding your current medical issue including:
- Brief 2 page summary (timeline of hospital and emergency room visits).
- A list of your current medications.
- A list of specialists you have seen.
- CDs from procedures such as catheterizations imaging studies (DICOM compatible).
- Lab reports.
- Microscopic slides should be mailed.
- USB drive with records we can import.
What to Expect»
- Consultation visit for medical concerns; not to establish with a primary care doctor.
- You may be referred to other physicians within Cleveland Clinic.
- A second visit if often scheduled in our department after other Cleveland Clinic consultations.
- Your stay may extend past one week.
- Sometimes it is not possible to complete all assessments in one visit. A return visit may be necessary.
The National Consultation Service works closely with Global Patient Services, a full-service department that ensures that out-of-state visitors have the best experience possible. They can help with appointment scheduling and arranging airline reservations and hotel accommodations, including reservations to hotels located on Cleveland Clinic main campus.
Additionally, Cleveland Clinic offers parking, lodging and transportation options on and near Cleveland Clinic main campus.
Cleveland Clinic is located about 30 minutes from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport and about 20 minutes from Burke Lakefront Airport, an executive airport for smaller planes and jets.
Once you arrive at Cleveland Clinic, please proceed to G10, on the ninth floor of the G Building (Marked G on the Map). Find directions and a map below:
You also may request directions and a map by calling Patient Global Services locally at 216.445.5580 or toll-free at 800.223.2273, ext. 55580.
After Your Visit»
A summary of your visit with recommendations will be provided at the end of your visit or sent to you. When it is possible, electronic communication through a secure service (MyChart) is used to expedite the process.
If you have been referred to Cleveland Clinic by another doctor, he or she will receive this report, as well, with your permission.
It is often a good plan to have a visit with your primary care doctor to review the report and recommendations.
Whether your patients have complex, chronic or co-existing health problems that require extra attention, we have services to streamline their access to Cleveland Clinic specialists.
When you refer a patient to Cleveland Clinic’s National Consultation Service, you can be assured that:
- Our consultative medicine nurse will contact your patient to review their concerns in detail prior to their visit.
- One of our consultative medicine internists will examine your patient and coordinate care.
- You can follow your patient’s progress online. You can log into DrConnect, a free, secure, online tool that streamlines communication between you and Cleveland Clinic staff. In addition, a summary of your patient’s visit will be sent directly to you, including all test results and a recommended treatment plan.
To refer a patient to the National Consultation Service, please call us locally at 216.444.5665; or toll-free at 800.223.2273 ext. 45665.