Diabetes Health & Wellness Education
Medina Hospital Health & Wellness Education program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education.
Our goal is to provide you with the knowledge, skills and tools to help you manage your diabetes and live a healthy lifestyle.
We offer comprehensive individual, group (class) and follow-up diabetes education.
Our certified nurse diabetes educator and registered/licensed dietitians work one-on-one with each patient to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle through education, nutrition, exercise, and ongoing support. They create an individualized plan that meets your needs.
As part of the plan, our team focuses on seven key behaviors:
- Making healthy food choices
- Being active for overall fitness, weight management, and blood sugar control
- Taking medication
- Monitoring your blood sugar
- Problem solving/managing changes in blood sugar levels
- Reducing risks for related health problems
- Healthy coping with a chronic disease
View a Schedule of Classes in your Community
For more information call 330.721.5144 or learn more below.
Medina Hospital Diabetes Health & Wellness Education Program