More than 25,000 patients visit the Medina Hospital Emergency Department (ED) each year.
The ED is open 24/7 and is home to state-of-the-art technology able to efficiently diagnose patients experiencing stroke or heart attack symptoms.
At Medina Hospital, our mission is to provide care for ill or injured patients in a competent and caring manner.
For more information about the Medina Hospital Emergency Department, call 330.725.1000.
1000 E. Washington St.
Medina, OH 44256
Have a health related question?
Nurse On Call is available 24 hours a day and provides confidential answers to a wide variety of medical questions.
Call toll-free: 800.801.2273.
Services & Accreditations
Access to Care
- Open 24/7
- The "Split-flow" triage process has lead to more efficient patient processing and significantly reduced wait times.
- Upon arrival patients will be screened by Emergency Department staff and “split” into those requiring emergent, intermediate or minor care. This allows us to provide the most appropriate level of care for your immediate needs with minimal waiting time.
- Since split-flow was implemented, the Medina Hospital Emergency Department has decreased the door-to-provider time to less than 20 minutes.
- Featuring four private rooms in the main ED and five rooms in the continuous care (minor treatment) area
- Dedicated surface parking available near the ED
Board Certified Staff
Matt Vrobel, MD
- Staffed full-time with Cleveland Clinic board-certified physicians and certified emergency nurses
- Caregivers at Medina Hospital Emergency Department treat more than 25,000 adult and pediatric patients annually
Medina Hospital Emergency Department Medical Director
Medina Hospital Emergency Department Nurse Manager
Certified Stroke Center
- Medina Hospital is designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission for Hospital Accreditation
- The program follows national standards and guidelines that can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients
- Stroke patients can rely on Medina Hospital to provide the most advanced level of care, from EMS/pre-hospital care to administering the proper interventions upon arrival at the Medina Hospital Emergency Department