News at Cleveland Clinic Lakewood
On December 21, 2015, Lakewood City Council voted unanimously to accept a new Master Agreement between Lakewood Hospital Association, City of Lakewood and Cleveland Clinic.
Under the agreement, the following changes will take place at Lakewood Hospital:
- Inpatient services (those that require an overnight stay) at Lakewood Hospital ended on February 5, 2016.
- Cleveland Clinic will build a new family health center with a brand new state-of-the-art emergency department. Construction of the new facility is planned to begin in 4th quarter 2016 and is expected to be completed in mid-2018.
- The current emergency department will remain open until the new family health center and its new full-service emergency department opens.
- Several outpatient services will continue to be available including, cardiovascular testing, the Chronic Care Clinic, the Diabetes Center, the Senior Assessment Center, the Teen Health Center, Women’s Health in the Community Health Center and therapy services in the YMCA.
- All Lakewood Hospital employees are being offered a job within Cleveland Clinic’s health system.
Cleveland Clinic has been proud to be the healthcare provider for the Lakewood community for nearly two decades and is looking forward to providing ongoing care in this new era of healthcare.
Additional details about the new Master Agreement can be found on the City of Lakewood website at www.onelakewood.com.
If you have further questions, please call 216.227.1280.