What is a certified nurse-midwife?
A certified nurse-midwife (CNM) is a licensed healthcare practitioner educated in nursing and midwifery. Midwives are certified by the American College of Nurse-Midwives and meet strict national standards for healthcare.
Additionally, midwives provide quality medical care with a personal touch. Their medical knowledge and specialized training allow them to have a unique understanding of a woman's physical, emotional and personal needs during all phases of pregnancy and gynecologic care.
- Annual exams
- Contraceptive exams and counseling
- Screening and treatment
- Preconception and maternity care
- Medication recommendations
- Peri-menopausal and post-menopausal exams and consultation
Advantages of Using a Midwife
- Commitment to enhancing the level of your care through education and natural supportive intervention
- Time available to spend with you throughout pregnancy and guide you through your delivery and follow-up care
- Support and encourage family involvement
- Choice of alternative birthing opportunities, such as water birth
- Variety of options for pain relief during labor, including an epidural
Lakewood Hospital Midwifery Associates is located in the Lakewood Hospital Community Health Center, 1450 Belle Ave., Suite 310, Lakewood, OH 44107.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 216.227.2500.