Emergency Department & Trauma Center
Nearly 75,000 people from Cleveland's West Side visit the Emergency Department and Trauma Center at Fairview Hospital each year.
Our mission is to provide care for ill or injured patients in a competent and caring manner.
Seconds count in an emergency, and for more than 100 years, people from Cleveland's West Side suburbs have counted on the Emergency Department at Fairview Hospital.
Have health-related questions?
Services & Accreditations
Access to Care
- Open 24/7
- The "Split-flow" triage process has lead to more efficient patient processing and significantly reduced wait times.
- Upon arrival, patients will be screened by Emergency Department staff and “split” into those requiring emergent, intermediate or minor care. This allows us to provide the most appropriate level of care for your immediate needs with minimal waiting time.
- 55 adult beds
- 16-room Pediatric Emergency Department
- Dedicated surface parking available near the ED
James Mark, MD
- Staffed by board-certified emergency physicians and certified emergency nurses
- Caregivers at Fairview Hospital Emergency Department treat nearly 75,000 adult and pediatric patients annually
Fairview Hospital Emergency Department Medical Director
Purva Grover, MD
Fairview Hospital Pediatric Emergency Department Medical Director
Timothy Barnett, MD
Fairview Hospital Medical Director of Trauma
Level II Trauma Center
- Fairview Hospital has been a Level II Trauma Center since 1993:
- A trauma center is a hospital that is especially committed to and qualified to take care of patients who have suffered serious sudden injury.
- Trauma centers follow standards established by national experts. These standards ensure that each member of the trauma team, along each step in the recovery process, is ready and able to provide care to the patient.
- Fairview is one of only 91 ACS - (American College of Surgeons) verified Level II Trauma Centers in the country.
- The only Level II Trauma Center on Cleveland's West Side
- Fairview Hospital is a member of the Northern Ohio Trauma System (NOTS)
- Some Fairview Hospital's Trauma Center statistics include:
- A majority of the patients we see are admitted for falls or motor vehicle crashes.
- 61 percent of patients seen are male.
- The highest percentages of patients seen are ages 45 - 54 or ages 55 - 64.
- Many of our patients are seen in the Emergency Department from 4 p.m. - Midnight, Friday - Sunday.
Emergency Physician Services
The emergency medicine providers at Fairview Hospital are full-time physicians and physician assistants who care for our patients 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please provide current and complete insurance information to the Emergency Department registration personnel so there is no delay in processing any claims for your visit.
If you have any questions concerning your emergency physician account, call toll-free 800.225.0953.
State-of-the-art pediatric emergency care on Cleveland's west side.
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Unit staffed with specially trained nurses to care for sexual assault or rape patients.
Overview of Fairview Hospital Emergency Department and common questions answered.