Lars Svensson, MD, PhD
Director of the Center for Aortic Surgery, Director of the Marfan Syndrome and Connective Tissue Disorder Clinic - Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
Specialties: Adult cardiac surgery, cardio-aortic and aortic surgery, including combined valve and aneurysm surgery, minimally invasive mitral and aortic valve surgery, blood conservation, prevention of stroke and paralysis after aortic surgery, Marfan syndrome, peripheral vascular surgery, Maze procedure, percutaneous valve research. Learn more about Dr. Svensson
Dr. Svensson discusses bicuspid aortic valve. You will learn:
- What is a bicuspid aortic valve?
- What can happen if you have a bicuspid aortic valve?
- What are the symptoms of bicuspid aortic valve disease?
- What is the treatment of bicuspid aortic valve disease?
- What are the results of aortic valve surgery?
- What happens when the aorta is involved with bicuspid aortic valve disease?
- Types of surgery for aortic valve and aorta involvement.
For more information:
The staff at Cleveland Clinic, the No. 1 heart hospital in the nation as ranked by U.S. News & World Report, has prepared a free detailed overview on Aortic Aneurysm and treatment options.