Presentations for Medical Professionals
Cleveland Clinic Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute Presentations
View presentations by Cleveland Clinic Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute staff, fellows, and/or other health professionals.
Sign up now to receive
e-mail updates from the Sydell and Arnold Miller Heart & Vascular Institute
- Multi-modality Imaging for Diagnosis and Therapeutic Planning in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
Dr. Milind Desai, staff cardiologist in the Section of Cardiovascular Imaging, discusses a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis of Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). Dr. Desai uses case studies to present examples of the use of imaging techniques to confirm or rule out diagnosis of HCM, risk stratify, and create a therapeutic plan.
- Women and Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Leslie Cho, Director of Cleveland Clinic’s Women’s Cardiovascular Center and Section Head, Preventive Cardiology and Rehabilitation discusses women and coronary artery disease. The issues Dr. Cho covers includes are there gender differences in risk factors, clinical manifestation of cardiovascular disease, cardiac testing and treatment and outcome of CAD.
- Aortic Valve and Aortic Surgery Presentation Part 1
Dr. Lars Svensson, Director of the Aorta Center and Director of the Marfan Syndrome and Connective Tissue Disorder Clinic, presents a two part series on the evolution in aortic valve and aortic surgery. Part 1 starts with aortic surgery and repair of the aortic root.
- Aortic Valve and Aortic Surgery Presentation Part 2
Dr. Lars Svensson, continues his presentation with a discussion of the aortic valve, aortic valve stenosis and new innovations in aortic valve surgery.
Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education offers a range of online CMEs. Visit the links below, which are updated daily.
Heart Rhythm Sessions on Demand offers access to the latest science and highlights state-of-the-art discoveries in cardiac arrhythmia research, diagnosis, treatment and technology from the world's leading experts.
- Interviews with Leading Experts on Remote Monitoring
Interviews with prominent clinicians, who are either experts on remote monitoring best practices or served as contributors to the TRUST Study, were conducted at the American Heart Association's 2009 Annual Scientific Sessions in Orlando, FL. View interview with Dr. Bruce Wilkoff.
- Worldwide Randomized Clinical Trial to Evaluate New Pacemaker System Designed for Use During Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Dr. Bruce Wilkoff, Director of the Cardiac Pacing and Tachyarrhythmia Devices discussed the findings of this important trial at the 30th Annual Scientific Sessions, Heart Rhythm Society 2009. View interview with Dr. Bruce Wilkoff.
ORLive is an online video broadcasting source for physicians and surgeons.
- Video Broadcast: Early Intervention in the Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease
Cleveland Clinic and Intuitive Surgical, Inc.- Moderator Julie Huang, M.D., staff cardiologist; Brian P. Griffin, MD, FACC, staff cardiologist; A. Marc Gillinov, M.D., staff cardiac surgeon; and Tomislav Mihaljevic, MD, staff cardiac surgeon discuss mitral valve prolapse, treatment options and surgery guidelines for asymptomatic patients. The panelists discuss the da Vinci® Mitral Valve Repair, minimally invasive, sternum-sparing procedure in detail, as a treatment option for asymptomatic mitral valve disease. (approx. 75 min)
A free Medscape account is required to view articles.
- Assessing the Principles of Practice: Stroke Prevention in the New Era of Anticoagulation CME . Bruce D. Lindsay, MD; Kenneth W. Mahaffey, MD; Stuart J. Connolly, MD, CME Released: 12/12/2012; Valid for credit through 12/12/2013.
- Expert Updates on Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes. Leslie Cho, MD; Bernard Zinman, MD; Robert H. Eckel, MD; Darren K. McGuire, MD, MHSc; Steven Nissen, MD CME Released: 09/27/2012; Valid for credit through 09/27/2013.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Putting This Jigsaw Puzzle Together. Ileana L. Pina, MD, MPH; Bruce L. Wilkoff, MD. Posted: 09/27/2011.
- Evaluating the Data: What Recent Clinical Trials Can Teach Us About Preventing Atrial Fibrillation-Related Stroke CME. Bruce D. Lindsay, MD; Gregory Y. H. Lip, MD; Keith A. A. Fox, MB, ChB; John H. Alexander, MD, MHS. Authors and Disclosures. CME Released: 09/23/2011; Valid for credit through 09/23/2012
- A Patient-Centered Approach to Atrial Fibrillation-Related Stroke CME
Audio Curbside Consult w/ Drs Lindsay and Saliba. Released: 08/26/2011
- Taking the Lead in Sudden Cardiac Arrest Prevention: Options for the At-Risk Patient CME
Bruce L. Wilkoff, MD. Released: 03/24/2011
- Facing the Challenges in Stable Ischemic Heart Disease Management CME
James B. Young, MD, Chair; C. Noel Bairey Merz, MD; Richard W. Nesto, MD; Rita F. Redberg, MD, MSc. Released: 02/16/2011
- First Response: ESC Guidelines for the Management of Atrial Fibrillation
A. John Camm, MD; Gregory Y.H. Lip, MD; Stefan H. Hohnloser, MD. Released: 02/15/2011
- High-Density Lipoprotein, Atherosclerosis, and Emerging Therapies to Reduce Cardiovascular Disease CME
Anders G. Olsson, MD, PhD; Chris J. Packard, DSc; Stephen J. Nicholls, MBBS, PhD; John J.P. Kastelein, MD, PhD. Released: 12/23/2010
- Atherosclerosis: New Techniques to Image Cardiovascular Disease CME
Stephen J. Nicholls, MBBS, PhD. Released: 12/23/2010
- Optimizing Outcomes in Atrial Fibrillation Symptom Management CME
Bruce L. Wilkoff, MD; Leslie A. Saxon, MD; Prakash C. Deedwania, MD. Released: 10/10
- Advances in the Continuum of Care of SCD: Wearable Defibrillators as a Bridge to ICD Implantation CME
Bruce D. Lindsay, MD; Srinivas Murali, MD, FACC; Mina K. Chung, MD. Released: 7/08/2010
- New Perspectives on Managing Risk in Heart Failure CME
Sana M. Al-Khatib, MD; Manuel Cerqueira, MD. Released: 7/08/10
- Cardiovascular Risks of Targeted Therapies for Cancer: Interactive Clinical Cases CME/CE
Timothy D. Gilligan, MD, MS; James B. Young, MD, Co-Activity Director. Released: 7/06/10
- Recognizing the Cardiovascular Risks of Targeted Therapies for Cancer CME/CE
Timothy D. Gilligan, MD, MS. Released: 6/09/10
- Cardiovascular Risks With Targeted Therapies for Cancer: A Clinical Synopsis CME/CE
James B. Young, MD; Timothy D. Gilligan, MD, MS. Released: 06/10
- Increased Risk of Diabetes Observed Among Statin-Treated Patients CME/CE
News Author: Michael O’Riordan, CME Author: Laurie Barclay, MD. Dr. Steven Nissen comments on this article approved for CME. Released: 02/25/2010
- The Role of Device and Lead Extraction
Dr. Bruce Wilkoff, Director of the Cardiac Pacing and Tachyarrhythmia Devices discusses staph aureus bacteremia, endocarditis and the role of the device and lead extraction. Released: 02/25/2010
American Heart Association Scientific Sessions is the leading cardiovascular meeting in the country with over 17,000 professionals attending annually, and over 22,000 total attendees, as reported by the Healthcare Convention and Exhibitor’s Association.
*Many of these links will open a new window.
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2013 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.