The Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute Stress Lab offers an exciting setting for stress technicians, performing over 11,000 stress tests each year. A wide array of patients, including healthy preventive testing to more complicated cases involving many types of cardiac and pulmonary diseases, provide a challenging and educational experience.
Stress technicians assist with performance of exercise and pharmacologic stress tests. Responsibilities include:
- patient ECG hook-up
- rest and exercise blood pressure monitoring
- assisting with ECG rhythm monitoring during testing
- equipment maintenance and calibration
- provision of technical support in emergency situations (BCLS)
- independently supervises exercise testing in low risk population
- certified stress technicians may also assist with established inpatient cardiac rehabilitation patients
Requires good communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to provide physical assistance to patients during the testing procedures. A minimum of six months experience related to direct patient care or completion of a two year Cardiovascular Technology degree is required. Previous stress testing experience desirable.
For more information about opportunities for stress technicians at the Miller Family Heart & Vascular Center, contact: