The Department of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia employs 14 full and part time CRNAs, utilizing a creative work schedule. They are an integral part of the daily staffing of 11 adult cardiac and two thoracic operating rooms along with Anesthesia Residents, Fellows, and Student Nurse Anesthetists. The CRNA works under the direct supervision of a board certified Anesthesiologist in a collegial team environment that allows for growth and autonomy. Cleveland Clinic is a clinical site for the Francis Payne Bolton School of Nurse Anesthesia. The latest in surgical and anesthetic procedures, techniques, and equipment all combine to make this a challenging and exciting opportunity for the motivated Nurse Anesthetist.
Key Criteria include:
- Mature, flexible personality
- Acceptance of the team concept of anesthesia
- Interest and capability to work hard and stay abreast of rapidly changing practice
- Current State of Ohio RN License
- Current Accreditation by the AANA
- Current State of Ohio COA
- Training or significant exposure to anesthetic management of the cardiac surgical patient
Clinical Practice includes a large variety and number of cases:
- Coronary revascularization, on and off cardiopulmonary bypass
- Valve repairs, and replacements, many using minimally invasive techniques
- Transplants - heart and lung
- Aortic Aneurysms
- LVAD placement
- Endoscopic thoracic procedures
- Major open lung procedures
- Major esophageal surgery
For more information about opportunities for this position at Cleveland Clinic, contact:
Cleveland Clinic does not discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs or activities, on the basis of age, gender, race, national origin, religion, creed, color, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local law. In addition, Cleveland Clinic administers all programs and services without regard to disability, and provides reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2014 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.