Health & Wellness Programs
Did you know Cleveland Clinic offers health and wellness programs that can help you manage your pain?
Trauma is the common cause of neck injuries. The neck forms the main support for your skull. The neck can be injured by gradual strains such as sudden movements or overuse and by direct blows to the head/ shoulder region.
- Ache/ stiffness to neck muscles
- Radiating pain to shoulder/ head region
- Severe pain or inability to move extremities, generally found in severe neck trauma
- Muscle spasms
- Dizziness - headache
- Immobilization of neck for acute injury
- Ice to area 24 - 48 hours after injury (15 minutes on, 15 minutes off)
- Seek Professional opinion for further evaluation to include X - rays/ MRI
- Rehabilitation - post injury diagnosis for strengthening and flexibility exercises
- Sometimes surgery