Plan positions Lakewood Hospital for future growth
Lakewood Hospital has a new multi-year strategic plan, Vision for Tomorrow, that will help it better meet the changing needs of its communities.
“Lakewood Hospital is rich in tradition, and part of the hospital’s history has always been to respond to the needs of the west side,” says Fred DeGrandis, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cleveland Clinic Community Hospitals. “Through this plan, we look forward to continuing our strong partnership with the Lakewood community, Mayor Ed FitzGerald and our city leaders.”
Vision for Tomorrow encompasses a variety of changes to Lakewood Hospital, which will place a greater emphasis on improving the patient experience, establishing centers of excellence and enhancing the management of chronic disease.
Key components include:
- Converting the hospital to all private rooms
- Focusing on four centers of excellence: geriatrics, orthopaedics, neurological services and diabetes/endocrinology
- Expanding outpatient care
- Partnering with community organizations to maximize wellness offerings
- Strengthening the management of chronic disease, such as diabetes
- Aligning Cleveland Clinic services and community physicians with Lakewood Hospital
“Lakewood Hospital has been and always will be committed to this community and will maintain its status as the city’s major employer,” says Jack Gustin, President, Lakewood Hospital. “This vision we have for Lakewood Hospital continues that tradition to provide the right care for our patients, but not necessarily the same way we have in the past.”
The plan will take place in phases over several years. This year’s projects include:
- Beginning the transition to private patient rooms
- Constructing an eight-bed ACE (Acute Care for the Elderly) Unit
- Enhancing the Endovascular Suite
- Making improvements to the parking garage and beginning replacement of the heating and cooling systems
The significant support of Vision for Tomorrow represents one of the largest investments in Lakewood Hospital’s history. In addition, the Lakewood Hospital Foundation gave $5 million, and the Lakewood Hospital Medical Staff pledged $500,000.
To make a gift supporting Lakewood Hospital’s Vision for Tomorrow, Cleveland Clinic community hospitals or any area of Cleveland Clinic, visit our secure online giving site, or call Institutional Relations and Development at 216.444.1245 or toll-free at 800.223.2273, ext. 41245.