Scott Hamilton’s signature event entertains with a purpose
On Nov. 6, Olympic Gold Medalist Scott Hamilton will host an evening of championship figure skating and Grammy Award-winning country music to benefit cancer education, research and patient care.
Country music star Vince Gill, with special guest Rodney Crowell, will perform live during the 11th annual “An Evening with Scott Hamilton & Friends” at Cleveland’s Quicken Loans Arena.
Featured skaters include:
- Dorothy Hamill, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Evan Lysacek, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Sasha Cohen, U.S. Champion and Olympic Silver Medalist
- Todd Eldredge, World Champion
- Michael Weiss, U.S. Champion
- Caryn Kadavy, World Bronze Medalist
- Ryan Bradley, U.S. Silver Medalist
- Steven Cousins, eight-time British Champion
- Christina Gao, U.S. Junior Bronze Medalist
- Sinead and John Kerr, five-time British Champions and European Bronze Medalists
- Melissa Gregory and Denis Pethukov, U.S. Silver Medalists
- Dan Hollander, U.S. Bronze Medalist.
The ice show will be followed by a black-tie gala, hosted by Chairwoman Maria Miller in the Grand Ballroom of the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel. This year’s lead sponsors include Forest City Charitable Foundation, The Jack N. and Lilyan Mandel Foundation, Medical Mutual of Ohio, The Sam H. and Maria Miller Foundation, The Pioneer Fund, PNC Bank, The J.M. Smucker Company, Brian J. and Diana Taussig and The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company.
Proceeds benefit The Scott Hamilton CARES Initiative (Cancer Alliance for Research, Education and Survivorship) at Cleveland Clinic’s Taussig Cancer Institute.
Mr. Hamilton founded The Scott Hamilton CARES Initiative in 1999 after his own experience with testicular cancer and then a benign brain tumor. He wanted to help others with cancer.
Tickets for the ice show are available online, by calling 888.894.9424, and at all northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart locations. To purchase tickets for the gala benefit dinner, contact Liz Lindecke at email@example.com or 216.445.0099.
To make an online gift supporting the Taussig Cancer Institute, The Scott Hamilton CARES Initiative or any area of Cleveland Clinic, visit our secure giving site, or call Institutional Relations and Development at 216.444.1245 or toll-free at 800.223.2273, ext. 41245. To learn how to text a pledge, visit the CARES site.