Free wellness services pamper patients
Cancer patients at Cleveland Clinic’s Taussig Cancer Institute can take advantage of Reflections, a free wellness program that gives them much-needed pampering that helps them reduce anxiety and regain a measure of control over their lives.
A licensed medical aesthetician, certified in Reiki and reflexology, oversees the program. Private treatment sessions, which take place in a softly lighted room filled with soothing sounds and tranquil scents, are designed to reduce angst and promote healing.
The following therapies and services are available through Reflections:
- Reiki (pronounced “RAY kee”) is a light, hands-on technique for stress reduction and relaxation. Unlike with full body massage, the person having Reiki remains fully clothed during treatment.
- Reflexology is based on the principle that there are reflex points in the feet and hands that directly correspond to specific glands, organs and systems in the body. Pressure is applied to these points to achieve a positive effect in the corresponding areas of the body.
- Guided Imagery helps focus the mind on healing and problem-solving.
- Relaxation Massage relieves muscle tension, improves circulation and promotes a feeling of well-being.
- Facials are a relaxing way to cleanse and tone the face while increasing circulation.
- Makeovers include skin-care tips and makeup application.
To make an online gift supporting the Taussig Cancer Institute or any area of Cleveland Clinic, visit our secure giving site, or call Institutional Relations and Development at 216.444.1245 or toll-free at 800.223.2273, ext. 41245.