Cleveland Clinic Florida Department of Infectious Diseases treats patients exposed to infectious diseases and treats patients who contract infections as a result of organ transplants or other surgical procedures.
The Department of Infectious Diseases diagnoses and treats chronic and recurrent infections that arise from exposure to infectious diseases, organ transplants or other surgical procedures. Cleveland Clinic Florida’s infectious disease physicians treat patients in the hospital or in Cleveland Clinic Florida’s outpatient clinics.
Diseases treated include HIV or AIDS, H1N1 swine flu, sexually transmitted diseases, viral infections, pneumonia, postsurgical infections, tuberculosis, meningitis, endocarditis, blood infections, parasitic diseases, and viral infections. Infectious disease physicians collaborate across specialties in treating and preventing infectious diseases. The department also offers customized advice for all travel-related issues and routine vaccinations for specific destinations.
For more information, please call 866.293.7866. To schedule an appointment, please call 877.463.2010.
Cleveland Clinic Florida Treatment Outcomes
For more information about our success rates, services and programs, and research and education, please download the Infectious Disease Outcomes Report.
Services We Offer In South Florida
Inpatient Infectious Diseases Hospitalists
- Timely consultations with 24/7 availability, 365 days/year
- Continuity of care and monitoring of outpatient antibiotics (OPAT) upon discharge by the same team
- Collaboration to benchmark infection control rates to promote patient safety and prevention of healthcare related infections
- Cost effective antibiotic stewardship oversight
- Referral consultations represent a broad spectrum of infectious diseases
- Critical link to inpatient consultations of patients discharged on outpatient antimicrobials therapy (OPAT)
- Outpatient oversight of antimicrobial infusions at the Infusion Center
- Expertise in HIV/AIDS
Travel Clinic Services
- Offers customized advice for all travel-related and routine vaccinations tailored to specific itineraries
- Official site Broward County & Florida for Yellow Fever vaccination
- Advice focused on personal protection based on country & risks: malaria, SARS, H1N1, travel diarrhea prophylaxis