Qualified applicants have a Masters degree (MBA, MHA, MHSA) or equivalent course work completed. Preferred applicants hold a Masters degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation Healthcare Management Education (CAHME); however, applications from non-CAHME programs will be accepted for review.
- Deadline to apply is Friday, September 28, 2012
- Up to six fellows will be selected for 2013-2014
- On-site interview offers extended early October
- On-site interviews end of October
- Selections are finalized and offers extended during the 4th quarter of 2012
- Fellowship year begins July 1, 2013 and ends June 30th, 2014
Candidates invited to interview on-site will participate in a day-long series of individual and panel meetings with various Cleveland Clinic administrators and executives. Candidates should plan on arriving the day prior to interviews for a tour of the facility and dinner with current and past fellows, the preceptors, and others committed to the success of the Administrative Fellowship Program. Overnight accommodations and full reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided.
Cleveland Clinic welcomes international applicants.
Required Application Materials
Students interested in applying for Cleveland Clinic's Administrative Fellowship Program should send:
- Cover Letter
- Graduate Letters of Recommendation (one academic and one professional)
- Official Graduate School Transcript
- Official or Unofficial Undergraduate Transcript
- Two essays answering the following:
- In a one page personal statement, explain how an administrative fellowship will help you attain your career goals and how a Cleveland Clinic fellowship complements these goals.
- On a second page: The CEO has asked you to be part of a team to outline the strategic vision for Cleveland Clinic. What will you consider to ensure the viability of the enterprise over the next 5 to 10 years in the rapidly evolving healthcare environment?
All letters should be addressed to Gina Cronin, Program Director.
Mail completed information to:
Administrative Fellowship Program
Attn: Joan Cook, Education Coordinator
9500 Euclid Avenue/TT33
Cleveland, OH 44195
Note: Application packets received after September 30th 2012 will not be considered.