From the Chairman
Dear Imaging Institute Alumni and Staff,
You’re in good company. Whether you’ve graduated from a Cleveland Clinic imaging/radiology training program or served on Cleveland Clinic’s Imaging Institute staff, you have at least one thing in common with other alumni and staff: achievement.
I am always impressed by the work ethic and accomplishments of those in our Cleveland Clinic radiology community, and I look forward to highlighting them in Radiology Alumni Connection. In our Q3/Q4 2016 issue, you’ll read about colleagues like:
- Gordon McLennan, MD, who has been honored with the Philanthropist of the Year Award from the SIR (Society of Interventional Radiology) Foundation (see page 1)
- Rahul Renapurkar, MD (CVT’09, IMAG/T’10), who earned the 2016 Honored Educator Award from the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) (see page 4)
- Katherine Koenig, PhD (DR’10), who received a prestigious research grant from the Alzheimer’s Association International Research Grant Program (see page 3)
- Rekha Mody, MD, who has been named Cleveland Clinic’s 2016-17 Quality Fellow (see page 4)
- Pauline Kwok, MD (TRS’95, DR’00, ABI’01) and Darlene Holden, MD (DR’08, MSR’09), who have been elected to leadership positions within Cleveland Clinic’s Alumni Association (see page 2)
And that’s just to name a few.
Also in this issue, you’ll see eight new alumni — those who graduated in June 2016 from our Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program. We look forward to celebrating the achievements of these individuals for many years to come. All eight now have begun fellowships either at Cleveland Clinic or other notable medical centers, the next step in their growing radiology careers. (see page 6)
As these graduates have been encouraged, I also encourage you to stay connected to your Cleveland Clinic roots. Together we have done and will continue to do great work for patients and the imaging/radiology community.
News of your latest achievements is always welcome. Please send updates to Pauline Kwok, MD, at email@example.com. We’d be honored to include it in our next newsletter.
I hope to see many of you at our Cleveland Clinic Radiology Alumni Reception on Sunday, Nov. 27, at the 2016 RSNA annual meeting in Chicago. More details are on page 7. Please RSVP by Nov. 15 to Ellie Biehl at 216.445.6961 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gregory Borkowski, MD, FACR (IM'74, DR'79)
Chairman, Cleveland Clinic Imaging Institute
Alumni and current staff events are a great way for you to maintain and grow your social and professional connections with other alumni from Cleveland Clinic's Imaging Institute. Check out our latest edition of Radiology Alumni Connection for upcoming Imaging Institute events.