Cleveland Clinic’s Employee Wellness Program is committed to fostering optimal health and wellness for our employees. The program elements also extend to our patients, our community and the communities we serve. We are proud to be ranked among the top 4 hospitals in the United States by U.S. News & World Report (2012-13) and are committed to creating the healthiest environment possible for our employees and our patients.
Employee Wellness offers a number of resources to support a healthy lifestyle. Our expanding resources include:
- a Health Risk Assessment (HRA) that provides a thorough evaluation of your health status with follow-up health information that is tailored to your needs
- on-line lifestyle management programs that help you learn how to quit smoking, relax, improve your eating habits and lose weight
- a Wellness Lottery that awards hundreds of prizes such as dinners for two, sporting event tickets, and trips
- Employee Fitness Centers in three locations, discount memberships to 23 area fitness clubs and five fitness equipment venders
- short-term counseling for employees and family members when needed through our CONCERN Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- monthly Wellness Grand Rounds speakers
- five ways to help employees quit smoking cessation programs
- Cleveland Clinic Walks, which helps link employees to walking and running events in the community and on our campuses
Our commitment to wellness for all is demonstrated by our smoke-free environment and the removal of trans-fats from Cleveland Clinic’s cafeterias and patient menus. We are dedicated to integrating wellness into every area that touches our patients and employees at all of our health system facilities—from patient safety to sustainability to serving as a role model for our community and the communities we serve.