View Cancer Clinical Trials
A Randomized, Multi-Center, Phase III Study of Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation Comparing Regimen Intensity in Patients with Myelodysplastic Syndrome or Acute Myeloid Leukemia and A Multi-Center, Phase III, Randomized Trial of Reduced Intensity Conditioning (RIC) and Transplantation of Double Unrelated Umbilical Cord Blood (dUCB) versus HLA-Haploidentical Related Bone Marrow for Patients with Hematologic Malignancies
|Blood & Marrow Transplant (BMT)
- Primary objective of the randomized study is to compare objective comprehension scores on the Quality of Informed Consent (part A) instrument between patients randomized to the ETRIC versus the standard consent arms.
- to compare the following measures between the two arms: (1) subjective comprehension scores on the Quality of Informed Consent (part B) instrument and the modified Deaconess Informed Consent Comprehension Test instrument, (2) state anxiety scores on State Trait Anxiety Inventory instrument, (3) satisfaction scores, (4) time taken for information location, and (5) patient consent rates on parent clinical trials.
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria for the ETRIC randomized study will be the same as theeligibility criteria for the BMT CTN 0901 and 1101 studies. Both studies are restricted to adultpatients (≥ 18 years). Additional inclusion criterion specific for the ETRIC study will include:
- Speaking and reading proficiency in English (as most of this study�s instruments have not been translated and validated in languages other than English).
- Willing and able to provide informed consent.
- Stated willingness to comply with study procedures and reporting requirements.
Exclusion Criteria Not Available
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2014 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.