At Cleveland Clinic Canada, we believe good mental health involves identifying and alleviating stressors, as well as creating a satisfying balance and integration of activities among all areas of your life. Our clinical psychology staff can work with you to identify barriers to your optimal mental health and help you achieve a greater overall sense of well-being. You will learn the connection between your thoughts, feelings and behaviours and how to manage everyday stressors in new and more effective ways.
We offer psychological services designed to enhance well-being for adults and adolescents in various phases of life. We will work with you to set clear workable goals and implement specific actions to help you overcome the barriers in your life as well as learn practical, applicable skills to help you meet your goals and achieve your desired outcomes.
You may access psychological services at Cleveland Clinic Canada through:
Who will benefit from this service?
Individuals interested in addressing:
- Adolescent concerns
- Anger management
- Assertiveness training
- Career counselling
- Disordered eating (excludes severe eating disorders)
- Generalized anxiety
- Health anxiety
- Mindfulness meditation training
- Panic attacks
- Performance anxiety
- Phobias (avoidance or fear-based situations)
- Relationship difficulties
- Relaxation training
- Sleep difficulties
- Smoking cessation counselling
- Social anxiety
- Sports performance concerns
- Stress reduction/management
Mental Health articles from our team:
- Are you giving too much?
- Chronic sleep debt and the risks to your health
- Stigma still the biggest hurdle to treating depression
- Taking a mental wellness day for your health
Are you covered?
Psychological services are not covered by OHIP, although they may be fully or partially covered by extended health insurance plans. The coverage for each carrier is different; please check your plan to see what coverage is available for psychological services.
- Saunia Ahmad, PhD, CPsych - Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Jacqueline Brunshaw, PhD, CPsych - Registered Psychologist
- Jorhdin Banner, PhD, RP - Registered Psychotherapist
- Natacha Duke (nee Wood), MA, RP - Registered Psychotherapist
- Aseel Al-Khalili, CCC, RP - Registered Psychotherapist
- Debra Trevisan, PhD, CPsych - Registered Psychologist