Have back pain? Tension headaches? Sport injuries? Cleveland Clinic Canada’s massage therapy service is provided by experienced Registered Massage Therapists (RMT) and is designed to help you feel your best so you can perform at your best.
Research shows that massage therapy can reduce pain, decrease stress and enhance immune function by providing relief to the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems. At Cleveland Clinic Canada, we offer a variety of massage techniques that can be used to address and treat disorders of the body, promote healing, and reach higher levels of health and wellness.
We have an extensive list of massage therapy services, from Swedish massage and trigger point release to lymph drainage, all designed to address concerns from simple yet acute issues to complex and chronic conditions, including but not limited to the following:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Neck or back problems
- Blood circulation or tissue concerns
- Posture improvements
- Stress or anxiety
- Sport or dance injuries
- Impaired range of motion
- Muscle tension
- Challenged immune systems
Our Registered Massage Therapists encourage you to become an active participant in your wellness or recovery plan. They work closely with you to improve your ability to move as you recover from illness, disease, injury or long periods of inactivity.
Depending on your needs, treatment techniques, alone or in combination, may include:
- Swedish massage therapy
- Myofascial or trigger point release
- Joint mobilization
- Lymph drainage
- Programming to improve mobility, flexibility and muscle strength, while decreasing stress on the joints
- Stretching exercises
- Education on injury prevention
- A customized program plan with choices to work with our multi-disciplinary team members to help implement the plan
- Individuals who use massage therapy as part of their regular wellness maintenance plan
- Treating specific injuries and conditions
Massage therapy services provided by a Registered Massage Therapist are not covered by OHIP, though may be partially or fully covered by extended health insurance plans. The coverage for each carrier is different; please check your plan to see what coverage is available to you for this type of service.