Cleveland Clinic Canada is among an exceptional group of healthcare institutions to provide clients with Virtual Visit, an interactive service that allows doctors to care for, communicate and medically assess patients anytime, anywhere, from all over the world.
Using Virtual Visit, Cleveland Clinic Canada patients are connected to Cleveland Clinic medical specialists via real-time “live video”, using the latest secure communications technology.
Patients worldwide who are interested in consultations, personalized examinations, second opinions and diagnoses from the nearest Cleveland Clinic Virtual Visit control center.
How Virtual Visit Works
- The physician at Cleveland Clinic sits behind a number of screens that display all of the patients' medical information, including their x-rays, CT scans, and other necessary medical images and records.
- Meanwhile, Cleveland Clinic Canada patients sit with their physician in a medical office equipped with tele-consultation capabilities
- Ensures client care is on track, healing is on schedule and any concerns or questions are addressed face-to-face.
- Virtual Visit also facilitates second opinions when it comes to life-threatening and life-altering conditions that otherwise distance and physician travel would be an obstacle.
- Not only is the doctor able to discuss the patient's history and symptoms face-to-face with the patient, but the doctor has total control of camera views and angles via a remote control.
- In addition, a qualified technician is on hand to help the patient and support the doctor, facilitating the doctor's requests to complete a full medical examination, right down to looking in the patient's ears, nose and throat.
- Program is covered by OHIP. If you live outside Ontario, consult your provincial Ministry of Health about coverage.
Virtual Visit is available for a nominal fee.