The medical office Maple Leaf HIFU, the sole provider of Ablatherm HIFU in Canada, is now located at Cleveland Clinic Canada.
Maple Leaf HIFU provides one of the latest, non-invasive prostate cancer treatment options available. This outpatient procedure is a one time treatment which is completed in two hours. Cure rates are excellent and competitive with other currently accepted forms of treatment. HIFU is associated with few side effects and has been shown to have very good outcomes.
Individuals with prostate cancer who want to avoid surgery or radiation and want to minimize the risks of incontinence and impotence.
- Non-invasive, single session treatment
- Destruction of the cancerous tissue with minimal effect to the surrounding organs
- No radiation
- Treatment can be repeated, if necessary
- Other therapeutic alternatives remain an option following HIFU, if necessary
- Ablatherm HIFU can be used for the treatment of local recurrences (i.e. after external beam radiotherapy)
For more information
Prostate cancer patients interested in being treated by Maple Leaf HIFU are advised to contact them at 877.370.4438 or by visiting www.hifu.ca/patient/qualify.php.