Weight & Lifestyle Management
Lose the weight and gain control of your health through this results-oriented, clinically-based program.
At Cleveland Clinic Canada, we are committed to providing lifestyle solutions to avoidable health-related problems, such as obesity. We believe the key to losing weight is through managing behaviours that are part of your daily life.
Our Weight & Lifestyle Management Program bridges the gap between medical care and your need for health education and wellness programming. We reach beyond the traditional diet-and-exercise method by teaching the fundamentals of a positive lifestyle from multiple disciplines: we look at your lifestyle, your environment, sociological causes and physiological contributors.
Canadians seeking weight management and lifestyle modification solutions in a safe, controlled, clinical environment.
- Help you achieve permanent weight loss
- Reduce your risk for heart attack, diabetes and stroke
- Enjoy improved fitness, self-esteem and overall health
- Comprehensive 12-week medically supervised program
- Ongoing support with a case manger, registered dietician, exercise physiologist and psychotherapist
- The program reaches beyond the traditional diet-and-exercise method by teaching the fundamentals of a positive lifestyle from multiple disciplines
The Weight & Lifestyle Management Program is not covered by provincial health plans, though may be partially covered by extended health insurance plans.
The coverage for each carrier is different; please check your plan to see what coverage is available for this type of service.
Following your 12-week program, we encourage you to participate in our one-year, physician monitored maintenance program. In addition, you’ll meet with our psychologist, registered dietician and exercise physiologist to ensure you are on track with your goals and progress.
This multidisciplinary weight-loss program surpasses traditional methods that rely only upon diet and exercise.
Program components include:
- Medical assessment and ongoing supervision
- Regular follow-up and ongoing support with a program case manager
- Four sessions with a behavioural health consultant
- Three consultations with a registered dietician
- Two sessions with an exercise physiologist
- Testing, if needed
Registered Dietitian and Case Manager, Weight and Lifestyle Management