Anesthesiology residents and fellows have the opportunity to participate in ongoing, productive, thematic research work. Each project is individually designed to maximize the research experience. Residents can choose a research rotation in their third year of training.
Cleveland Clinic Anesthesiology residents and fellows present their research work at regional and national meetings. Recent presentations include:
- OSA Annual Meeting, September 2007, 31 abstracts
- ASA Annual Meeting, October 2007, 12 abstracts, 27 clinical challenging cases and 2 scientific exhibits (2nd and 3rd place prizes)
- ASRA-PM Meeting, November 2007, 6 abstracts
- PGA Annual Meeting, December 2007, 5 abstracts
- ACGME Meeting, February 2008, 3 abstracts
- SOAP Meeting, March 2008, 4 abstracts
- IARS Meeting, March 2008, 3 abstracts
- MARC Meeting, April 2008, 71 abstracts, 63 presenters (5 1st place prizes)
- SPA Annual Meeting, April 2008, 3 abstracts
- SEA Meeting, June 2008, 3 abstracts
In addition, residents and fellows are routinely involved in the publication of full-length manuscripts. During 2006-2007, 11 such papers were published.