Cleveland Clinic's Department of Pediatric Anesthesia distinguishes itself with its unwavering commitment to meet these three goals:
Cleveland Clinic Children's hires only the best to work with our patients—professionals who are knowledgeable and caring. We also make sure that the right people are available to handle difficult situations and emergencies at all times. An anesthesiologist is immediately available at all times, whether patients are awaiting surgery or in the recovery room. Cleveland Clinic maintains the highest standards for patient safety and world-class care in all of its equipment, facilities and procedures. We always strive to be on the cutting edge, the best practices and best technology are always available for Cleveland Clinic patients.
Cleveland Clinic Children's and its Pediatric Anesthesiology Department stand out by ensuring:
- We pre-medicate children before anesthesia and allow their parents into the room while the anesthesia takes affect.
- We keep parents and patients as informed and prepared as possible by explaining the procedures, treatment and pain plans, and by easing the child into anesthesia at their own speed.
- We choose appropriate methods and levels of anesthesia to reduce the child's anxiety.
- We allow the patients to wake up on their own time.
- Our entire process for taking care of children and adults alike is focused both on providing optimum medical care while providing a caring, empathetic patient experience that is as comfortable as possible for the patient and his or her family.
Cleveland Clinic Children's is dedicated not only to our current patients, but to future patients as well. This is why we are committed to training anesthesiology interns, residents and fellows, Certified Nurse Anesthetists, Anesthesia Assistants and all medical personnel involved in the anesthesia and critical care of patients and their families.