Comprehensive Pediatric Anesthesia Services
Physicians and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) from the Department of Pediatric Anesthesiology provide all anesthesiology services to children undergoing surgery and medical testing in Cleveland Clinic Children's. Our Staff are also experts in dealing with the special challenges of patients with congenital heart problems (e.g. heart problems existing from birth) and often provide anesthesia for these patients even as adults.
Services performed include:
- Assessing and minimizing patient risk and anxiety before surgery
- Preparing children and their parents for upcoming anesthesia
- Providing anesthesia for all children's surgical procedures.
- Providing sedation or anesthesia for diagnostic testing
- Providing pain blocks and epidural anesthesia for children
- Monitoring of patients during surgery and recovery
- Providing all necessary services to minimize patient pain or other discomforts after surgery
Pediatric Anesthesiology at Cleveland Clinic's community hospitals and satellite location is provided by the Institute's Anesthesiology Department, but more complex services are often performed at the Clinic main campus.